Well, I caught Elyse's bug and carried it for a couple of days myself. That was no fun. Matt was a huge help though and I'm so glad I felt my worst while he was able to be home with us. Needless to say we didn't really do much all weekend because of it. Sunday afternoon we did decide to take Elyse to the spray park for a little bit just in time to be rushed out by rain and thunder. We skipped our Sunday night movie to turn on the radio and just talk. It was nice. Yesterday Rachel came over and she and I took Elyse to a little "beach" we had never been to before for a couple of hours only to be told (while in the water) that it was "high bacteria" so we left. Great. I felt like mom of the year for sure.
Cooking side note: Matt requested a salad for dinner last Thursday. His hours have been long and this was the first time he was able to eat with us all week so I wanted to do something special. I decided upon a new recipe for tex-mex chicken caesar salad. It was a lot of work for one salad and a ton of dishes. The croutons were from scratch as was the salad dressing and the marinade for the chicken. I took a picture of it because it was a rather pretty salad but we did not like it at all so I decided not to post it. I was pretty bummed. Oh well, I learned a little in the process. Friday he requested lasagna. I followed a new but very simple "healthy" recipe and it came out dry and the wheat noodles just weren't the same. Neither of us cared for it. I was bummed again. Oh well, again I learned. I'll continue to try new things but maybe not two dinners in a row.

No comments:
Post a Comment