I'm going to bring up my gym class instructor again. For whatever reason she has been instrumental in my motivation lately and quite the encourager to me that she doesn't even realize she is. I should probably tell her. People like things like that, I'm one of those people too.
Anyway, as she was kicking our butts again this morning and having us run sprints followed by push-ups we started to drag a little. Her class is hard, very hard. It's called "Extreme Fitness" if that tells you anything. As we were running she simply said, "You don't HAVE to run, you GET to run!" It hit me immediately how true that statement was. My body, my life, my mind, my heart are gifts that I get to do things with. I took that statement the rest of the day and inserted get to instead of have to while vacuuming, mopping, doing laundry, caring for Elyse....you get the idea. Anyway, it's pretty amazing how much my thoughts on mundane tasks changed when I thought of them as a privilege, a gift, instead of something I had to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(130)
-
▼
September
(10)
- Have you ever read one of those forwards or heard ...
- Vacation summer skies series
- We're home
- It is becoming increasingly aware to me that I str...
- While I was at the retreat last weekend Matt sent ...
- I'm feeling the need to purge now. That didn't la...
- Retreat
- I'm packing my for girls weekend ladies retreat ri...
- What a weekend!
- I get to
-
▼
September
(10)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment