Sunday, February 27, 2011

It's been some sort of week...

....that's for sure.

I'm sick.  I'm not one to whine, mope or complain, but I'm about to allow myself 10 words or less and then I'm done.  Here it goes.....I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.  There, I feel better already.  I'm self diagnosing myself with bronchitis.  It fits the bill pretty well and the dry hacking has been rather significant the past few days.  Sleeping elevated on the couch last night seemed to help the coughing a little but it sure made it difficult to get restorative sleep.  I'll get better and I'll get better soon.  I just know it. 

I had two doctor appointments on Tuesday (one was my last post) and then that evening I started back at the Pregnancy Center and am hoping to continue to do so every other week until the baby comes in August.  Recent promptings between personal time, bible study and sermon's at church, not so subtly let me know it was just time.  I couldn't ignore it any longer.  In fact, I don't think it's ever not been time honestly, it was just a matter of making it a priority and orchestrating the details, but I made it.  In just minutes of being within the 4 walls of that building the feelings of peace and purpose overwhelmed me.  His sons and daughters, God's kids, come in that building every single day and I'm overwhelmed with emotion and urgency of how bad  He wants them back.  God's kids include everyone everywhere of course, but the ones there truly have my heart and I'm so thankful, intimidated, shaky and rusty of course too, to have the ability to be part of the body serving them once again. 

As of Thursday afternoon, our house in under contract.  We didn't expect anything worthwhile this soon, if at all, so it's taken us by surprise.  Now the fun of looking for somewhere to live and packing begins.  We have a little under 2 months (if closing is as scheduled and the deal doesn't fall through) to figure all of that out.  I'm apprehensively excited about the adventure this will be for us.

My mom came to visit for 2 nights and the timing could not have been better.  Matt had to unexpectedly go out of town and I was sick, so it was truly a blessing to have her around.  It allowed me some extra rest, a child-free visit to the doctor, and some great company. 

Elyse came down with an angry looking rash on her bottom.  We're not quite sure how it happened but the poor girl walked around like she had been riding a horse all day and saying "butt hurt, butt sore, kiss butt".  She would sit in the tub and she screamed when we touched it.  For 2 afternoons in a row she took naps without a diaper and it seems worlds better today.

 It's amazing how a sore bottom and a mommy with bronchitis along with the other, bigger things, this week made it feel like such a very full week.

A few pictures from the park the other day since I have posted many lately......
 She loves slides,
her belly, 
 swinging,
 and just the park in general.  Each time I ask her what she would like to do she says, "Park, kids, swing, slides".  Every single time. 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!