Thursday, June 24, 2010

We got home safe from Tennessee early yesterday evening. We had a great time and all things considered Elyse traveled very well. We never bought a souvenir, instead we brought back a yucky cold so Elyse and I are both on the mend. This is the first time I've been sick and also had to take care of a sick child.....it's no fun, especially on a plane. Thankfully our two weary bodies got a good nights rest and took a long nap this morning. I wish we could have stayed longer but being under the weather all 3 of us were so happy to be back in our beds.

I'll post pictures and more details when I'm feeling better and the house is caught up enough to allow it. Right now I need to pull together the energy to get things ready for Bunco tomorrow night which I am hosting. It seems every time I get sick my house needs to be ready for something which quite possibly might be a lesson in dealing with just the necessities and keeping things simple instead of sweating over details and obsessing over the small stuff. I was planning on making homemade goodies and having an eye and tummy pleasing spread around a summer/fourth of July theme. Right now I need to be content with unpacked luggage, a clean floor and some store bought snacks in plastic containers because I have a feeling that's all I'll be able to muster up the energy for.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!