Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It's been over a week since my last post. Vacation....well, it just took over and I lost almost any desire to utilize technology. I seldom carried my phone and I never even got online again, it was nice. We spent almost every afternoon on the beach. As a change of pace we went to John's Pass for lunch and tourist shopping one afternoon but aside from that our toes remained in the sand. We had several friends arrive on Wednesday so the 4 couples and 6 kids played on the beach together and we all grilled out that evening. The last time the entire group was together like that there was not a single kid there, it's so funny how quickly and dramatically it all changes.

I like playing games, more specifically card games and this week I learned how to play poker. I like it. I like it a lot. I'm not very good but I have a lot of fun. Portions of our group played every night Monday through Friday so you would think I would be better at it by now but I'm not. They should all be scared of how good I'm going to get by the next time we're together again though.


Friday was my 29th birthday and that evening Matt booked a surprise baby sitter and a surprise dinner for me at a local beach restaurant that I love. The surprise went a little backward when we were the first to show up and they sat us at a table for 18. I was very confused, asked a couple of questions to which I got no answers, then slowly but surely 18 friends and family began to trickle in. I was surprised. It was sweet.

I'll go ahead and post a few more pictures for our time there.

A Pelican at John's Pass.


One of our friends condos had this beach wagon inside and Elyse loved being pulled around in it.



Two of the kiddos, about 2 months apart in age.

Eventually she got a little sick of the sun and sand, especially around nap time ;).View from one of the balcony's.Daddy and daughter.

I set the timer on the camera and placed it on the ledge for this one. She saw a seagull fly by right when the photo was being taken and I just love that. She points so much these days, sometimes with one finger and sometimes with her entire hand and I'm thankful we caught in on camera.Our little family. I regret that we never got a picture of the entire group. Between different schedules and scrambling toddlers it just didn't seem to happen and I'm disappointed in myself for not making sure it happened. Maybe someone snapped one that I'm not remembering and will email it to me.

Now it's back to reality again. I need to do some major chores around the house. Not so much cleaning as organizing but definitely cleaning too. I also have some major party planning to finalize before Elyse's big day on Saturday. This is when I start to feel the stress and put too much pressure on myself for tiny details and perfect entertaining.....I'll go ahead and tell myself now.....that will not be happening so go ahead and forget about it and just have fun celebrating a year of milestones!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!