Elyse is going to have a ...............................
It's a precious baby girl!
I had a scan last week and my friend wrapped the correct little brother/sister onesie tightly in a box for Matt and I to open later. There is something so special to us about finding out the gender in the comforts of our home, sitting side by side on the couch with anticipation built as high as we'll allow it, instead of being told by a stranger while lying on an exam table, we're cheesy like that though. We did something similar to this with Elyse but used a pastel pink stuffed animal, one that still sits on a shelf above her bed today. We plan to use this onesie set as our newest daughters outfit to wear home from the birthing center and perhaps it can be worn by a favorite baby doll of hers down the road.
Girls tend to run in our family. I was one of 3 girls, my sister has 2 girls, and this will be our second girl. Before finding out, Matt and I were hoping that trend would stick for us (although my sister with the 2 girls is currently expecting a sweet baby boy in May whom we are all excited about). Both of our hearts truly desired to add another girl to our family but trusted the provision that regardless of what this baby was, he or she was made specifically and perfectly for our family, and our family for him/her. We were of course over the moon with joy to see pink in that tiny box and are so thankful to be experiencing this miraculous process.
Now the long wait for the end of August to be able to meet her for the very first time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(111)
-
▼
March
(8)
- We're home
- Despite how much I've learned lately, I'm finding ...
- Matt and I both like seafood but neither of us kno...
- Trusting God with the "what ifs"
- Elyse is going to have a ............................
- A close friend asked me to take some pictures at h...
- After passing bronchitis and the stomach flu aroun...
- Today I am choosing to be thankful. Elyse was hit...
-
▼
March
(8)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment