I took Elyse with a friend to the zoo the day before we left. Can you tell how much she loves the carousel?
Pre-wedding BBQ the night before the big day!
Our accommodations at The Postcard Inn on St. Pete Beach
The hotel had the cutest, Key West type of details throughout, like these jar lanterns in the lobby.
Bulbs hanging from netting with the days forecast and sunset info in the background.
The wedding also had very cute details. These were the place cards.
And the cake, which was nice, but I wanted to emphasize the big, beautiful tree the reception took place under. You don't see many trees like that just steps from the beach and from it's magnificent branches that spoke of history, age and strength, were numerous illuminated lanterns. It was absolutely beautiful.
Floral centerpieces
The beautiful bride, one of my closest friends. We met at summer camp when we had just crossed over into our teens and have kept in touch ever since. Other friends at the wedding asked how I knew Kristin and Rone and it wasn't until then that I realized I had known her for half of my life. I love that.
In the tiny bit I've learned about my complex camera, I've come to realize how much I really don't know. The lighting, gorgeous as it was, made it very hard to photograph in for someone who has no clue what they're doing. Using the flash washed everything out, but it was too dark and the perfect mood the lighting provided was not bright enough to get good pictures. I'm sure her actual photographer got much better pictures that this one, but I would like to learn how to take pictures in challenging situations like that. Either way, this moment and all of it's sweetness were stolen and frozen in time along with his blissful wedded kiss.
Can't have a beach weekend without toes in the sand.
It was a good, good weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment