Monday, October 10, 2011

We had a VERY fun and busy weekend!

Friday evening we went to First Friday, which our community has done for several months but this was our first time going.  We ate dinner, Adley slept in my carrier and Elyse enjoyed several turns in a bounce house.  There was a live band, balloon animals, vendors with samples, and great weather!  We definitely plan to attend next month.

Saturday the 4 of us went for a nice jog before naps and a birthday party that afternoon.  After the birthday party we went to a neighborhood fall fest/get together to meet some of our neighbors.  We met quite a few people.  We only moved about 2 miles from our old house but now we are technically in the community of Westchase and I must say, the feel is very different.  There always seems to be something going on and everything is so kid friendly, we are truly enjoying it.

Sunday we went to the late service and that afternoon I baked some ziti to take to our small group monthly dinner, Italian style.  Good food and great friends, one of my favorite combinations!

Today, today is great!!!!  After our visit with Adley's pediatrician I closely watched her eye movements throughout the weekend.  There were times I would try to convince myself she was looking, tracking and focusing but truthfully I just wasn't sure.  I couldn't confidently say that she was doing any of those things.  Today I can say that.  She definitely focused and tracked a black and white object I held and moved back and forth in front of her today......multiple times!  I realize we aren't out of the woods and perhaps one eye is stronger or maybe only one eye has vision.  There are many scenarios but one that I'm sure of is that my daughter is not blind, I am confident in that.

It feels so good to type that but prayers are still much appreciated for the specialist we go to see on Thursday.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!