I guess, to me, these are like their own little Proverbs of sorts.
Why I need to hold every thought captive......
Your thoughts become your words
Your words become your actions
Your actions become your character.
Humility.....giving up the right to be right.
Let emotions subside and then decide.
Failure is not falling, failure is not getting back up.
God cannot forgive that which we are not willing to confess.
We are victims of nothing in our lives, there are choices we can make at all times. (This is a hard one. A lot of "buts" could be said here but I believe it all goes back to life being 10% what happens to me, 90% how I respond. I have choices every single day. This is also not referring to defenseless children, etc., but what we allow to hinder us as adults.)
I love this one. It has stopped me mid-sentence before and so much of it has to do with re-training my own voices I deal with.
Be careful how you speak to your children, one day it will become their inner voice.
Freedom.....living as we should, not as we please. Simply because His ways are better.
What goes into you comes out of you. Television, books, etc.
What others think about you is none of your business.
True forgiveness.....letting go of the idea that things could have or should have been different.
Forgiveness.....An act of your will, done before God, in faith, by faith, where we give up the right to hold another person/thing/event accountable for the wrong that they have done to us. It is not our right. We serve a loving God.
These won't replace scripture note cards but I like having some of these thoughts in my back pocket. I'm sure I'll have more to add in the weeks to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment