A little bit of an Elyse update.
She is 19 months old and had a well visit last week in which we were told she has the vocabulary of an advanced 2 year old, that made us smile. She is becoming such a sweet and funny little character these days and has finally started snuggling more.
One comically embarrassing thing she does is look at any older man with a beard and loudly say, "Santa....ho, ho, ho!". Thankfully these men havent seemed to notice or they are just keeping quiet about it.
She wants kisses for ouches now which makes her seem so much older than I think she is. Her independence, though challenging, is a joy to witness but her ability to surrender and politely ask for help warms my heart. She still knows she needs us, I enjoy that.
She is piecing together concepts and expects follow through on promises. We were in the car the other day and I told her we were going to the store and then the park. We had to pass the park to get to the particular store, one we don't frequent, and she was beside herself thinking I had forgotten the park altogether. I didn't realize until then how careful and intentional I need to be about following through and making sure my yes means yes and my no means no. It's amazing how much a child can begin to fine tune your character, I like that too.
It's late. I could go on and on about this precious little person but I need to rest to meet her in the morning. I would also like to add a picture but I dont know how to do that from my iPhone yet. I will soon though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(111)
-
▼
January
(10)
- A little bit of an Elyse update. She is 19 months...
- Calm My Anxious Heart
- My mom texted me last weekend and said she had a 4...
- My first post from my "smarter than me" iPhone. I ...
- Emptying the vacuum
- Weight watchers crock pot chicken and dumplings
- It's cold and raining so the weather is rather ick...
- I made money on these items today. The past coupl...
- During the church service on Sunday I reached into...
- A friend from college was here from San Fransisco ...
-
▼
January
(10)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment