My mom texted me last weekend and said she had a 4 day weekend off from work, that she would love to have Elyse come over for a couple of days. Of course I said yes. I mean, I couldn't deprive my mom of time with her granddaughter after all.
So I dropped her off late this morning and made the hour drive back. I didn't know what to do with myself. The floors needed to be cleaned and the dishwasher needed to be emptied, but instead I took a nap. I woke up, ate a late lunch in front of the TV, took a hot bath and finally redeemed a massage gift certificate from last Christmas.
Now I'm sitting in a massage chair getting a pedicure and tonight I'll go to dinner with Matt. I have not so fun appointments like the dentist and touring a preschool tomorrow, but I'm just going to enjoy today. This moment right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(111)
-
▼
January
(10)
- A little bit of an Elyse update. She is 19 months...
- Calm My Anxious Heart
- My mom texted me last weekend and said she had a 4...
- My first post from my "smarter than me" iPhone. I ...
- Emptying the vacuum
- Weight watchers crock pot chicken and dumplings
- It's cold and raining so the weather is rather ick...
- I made money on these items today. The past coupl...
- During the church service on Sunday I reached into...
- A friend from college was here from San Fransisco ...
-
▼
January
(10)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment