I feel like I haven't done a "good" update on here in awhile and it's probably going to be even longer before that happens. I just haven't had a lot to say, shocking I know. That's not to say there hasn't been a lot going on, just not a lot to talk about on here. I'm enjoying my life and sometimes doing that to the best of my ability doesn't afford much time to blog. For right now it's taken the back burner but I'm sure I'll be back in full force soon enough because I do enjoy blogging.
I'll post a quick update and some pictures from our Memorial weekend vacation. I'm approaching my 28th week which has stirred a desire in me to begin to get things situated and right now that's not as simple as it seems with the house still being for sale. Do we go ahead and move the office into our bedroom, get Elyse her new furniture and make the office into a nursery? Or do we hold off a little longer just in case the house sells? Decisions, decisions. I'm very thankful that sums up what I'm concerned about at this point because that isn't much at all. I'm turning 30 on Saturday, that also doesn't concern me at all. For some reason my 27th birthday felt like my big, dreaded milestone year and once that was behind me I haven't thought much about birthdays since.
We had a great weekend away at Siesta Key with the Wesley's. The beach was voted best in the country this past year and I can see why. The sand is a fine, white powder that amazingly seems to keep from getting hot and doesn't stick to you as bad as other beach sand. It was soft sand, really soft and the water was gorgeous, much more clear and blue than our water here. The condo we stayed at was nice but I definitely like the places we've stayed at here better but the beach made up for what the condo lacked. Anyway, onto the pictures.
She loves riding on daddy's shoulders.
After doing some relatively extensive research I've become a little obsessed with covering as much of Elyse as possible with clothing instead of the harsh chemicals in sunscreen. The skin that is exposed is coated with a thick, greasy, pain in the neck sunscreen that cost entirely to much but is said to be one of the safest available. We'll see what they come up with next.
Ironically I showed
more skin and wore a lot less sunscreen that weekend to tan my bump and get a belly shot. I'm 27 weeks here.
Juice box while on the potty seat......now that's livin' the life.
Our friend Bevin dug two big holes that took him nearly all day to do with a tunnel connecting them. Elyse was just small enough to fit through the tunnel which surprisingly she crawled through a couple of times.
Matt burying Bevin.
Posing with the head.
Elyse after a wipe out in an inflatable raft. Apparently Matt was trying to get her to "ride a wave" which didn't turn out so well.
Her absolutely favorite game, chase.
The kids looking at a bug.
Elyse took to Gavin a little too well.
We attempted to dig through our suitcases and try to match our clothes and get some sunset pictures. I absolutely love a few of them. These being 2 of them.
I love that both of my girls are in this picture.
She had kissed and is now patting my belly.
The sun set on our weekend and we've been getting back into the swing of things around here.

No comments:
Post a Comment