I'm getting into bed a little too late for my new early riser. She's always been my little sleeper, sleeping 12 or 13 hours at night and often having to be awoken to make 9am appointments or services.....not anymore, at least not based on the last week or two.
I love my sleep but getting up before 7 doesn't bother me as much as losing the time I had to myself by getting up before her in the past. I may have to get up even earlier to achieve that but at 7.5 months pregnant I don't know that I'll be starting that soon.
I started a summer session bible study on becoming a woman of prayer and I'm believing it will be impactful. I need help in this area for sure.
My thoughts are jumbled right now because I'm tired but the flashes of lighting through my blinds and roaring of thunder warning me a storm is rolling in are such wonderful sounds to be climbing into bed to. I love storms, safe storms where my family is tucked peacefully into warm, dry beds and the sounds of turmoil outside offer my senses a lullaby and my heart a song of gratitude. Listening right now to the rain drops splat against our window pane make me thankful for the obvious things like a home, but also for the perfect orchestration of so many things my Creator has made to harmoneously sustain His creation. It truly is undeniable and inexplainable. Chris Tomlin says it so well, "You placed the stars in the sky and you call them by name, you are amazing God."
Time to enjoy my storm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment