Our home has been listed on MLS for sale since shortly after we found out we were pregnant with baby #2. We weren't in a rush, it was a want move, not a need move, so we took our time by not hiring a realtor and just had an out of town friend with a real estate license list it for us and help us with some of the legalities.
Within 5 weeks we had a contract that in hindsight had red flags and ended up falling through in the end. We never felt right about it to begin with and just 2 weeks before we were supposed to close we still hadn't packed a box or even secured another place to live. I think we just knew.
We lost about 2 months off the market in that failed contract and re-listed with our friends help again. In the following fewmonths we had a few showings here and there but no real leads of offers. With the baby's due date around the corner we decided it was time to get a little more serious and we hired a realtor whom I had met through my Mom's Club.
She hired a photographer to do high definition pictures, gave me some pointers on ways to "stage" my home to make it a little more appealing (very, very minor things that did seem to help) to buyers, set up a virtual tour and had fancy booklets made advertising the perks of our home and community. She made me want to live in my own house!
We had 9 showings and 2 offers within the first week and a half and Matt and I had gone to look at 8 homes ourselves.
Within 7 days with her we were under contract with buyers for our home. In the 4 days after the contract was signed the inspection, appraisal, radon gas testing, and pest inspection were all done on our home. Within another few short days we were under contract to purchase our next home and now the process is underway for us.
In 15 days total we are under contract to sell and purchase a home. It's been a crazy 15 days and keeping our house as show ready as possible for all that needed to be done has been exhausting during these past 2 weeks. We still have some hurdles to jump over and things that need to occur before the big move and resettling process begin but it feels right enough this time to begin packing.
I'm learning over and over in life that when it happens easily and doors are opened smoothly it is probably right where we were meant to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment