As you can tell by the pictures in my previous post, I'm definitely big. I feel much bigger than I did with Elyse although I can't say for sure why. My weight has trended exactly the same for both, but this sweet baby definitely feels bigger than Elyse did. It has made preparing to move while caring for Elyse challenging but doable none the less. We are VERY close to deciding on a name and the top contender right now warms my heart and makes me feel so much closer to her. She hiccups a lot. I know all babies hiccup in and out of the womb but hers are frequent, strong and plentiful. My midwife lets Elyse help Doppler the fetal heart rate and my visits and we've timed it perfectly with hiccups in the past. Hearing them on the Doppler just tickles Elyse pink and I wonder if it helps her identify with "baby sister" a just little bit more.
We are less than a week away from the big move. We got a lot of packing done today despite the little hands we had "helping". Truth be told she did amazingly well and allowed us to be very productive. We were both impressed with her obedience and willingness in it all and rewarded her with going out to dinner tonight.
My car is finally repaired from my car accident a few weeks ago and the man who did the repairs even restored my headlights for free without me even asking. My car is nearly 12 years old and it literally took years off the appearance. He was the sweetest man to work with and did a fabulous job at a great price in a timely manner. The whole experience truly ended up being a blessing in more ways than one. I'm not one to put a plug for businesses in my blog but if you're ever looking for someone to do body work, just ask me about him.
I'm piloting a kid swap program for mom's in our community who are part of the moms club here. We had the first few swaps this week and it was a great success. It's primarily to be used for short intervals like running errands or appointments and works on a point system for the time being. My hope is to really see moms reach out and help other moms when a need is expressed and I've found that mom's are more willing to ask for help when they know they will be able to return the favor through this system to someone else, even if it isn't the same person who helped them. I'm very excited about it and truly hope to see it grow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
1 comment:
Cannot wait to hear the name!!! =)
Post a Comment