Like everyone else, it's busy in the Borrack house so I'll just post a couple of pictures......
Adley's first time in a swing yesterday. I really was surprised she did okay in it. At this same age Elyse was able to hold herself much more steady and loved any sort of motion. Adley is not quite as steady yet and doesn't seem to like any motion. I think she liked being high, erect, and next to her sister yesterday. I love those dimples.
Elyse asked to where curlers today. I use them randomly on rare occasions but today she wanted some. I thought I had years before I had to worry about Elyse wanting her hair fussed with. Her entire head took 3 rollers and her hair is so thin and fine they didn't want to stay in. She was determined to follow through with her request though and sat perfectly still for the pampering.
I mean seriously......does anything speak innocence and sweetness more clearly?
The final Chirstmas plans and preparations are difficult in 80 degree heat. You would think being a Florida girl almost my entire life that I'd be used to it, but I'm not. Christmas songs playing everywhere you go just seems a little off when you're wearing shorts, so I chose to roast in jeans the last couple of days. Not my brightest of decisions.
I want to make a note, more to myself than anyone else, but I've been impressed with Elyse lately. She's turning the manners up and whining down. Her obedience has stepped up a notch when I became more determined in my consistency, regardless of circumstance. We've got a long way to go in certain areas but allowing her simple pleasures, like napping on the futon in the guest bedroom today instead of in her bed or allowing her to pretend to drive my car for 5 minutes while I unload it instead of ushering her right in the house, seem to be minimizing unnecessary battles. I'm learning. I'm trying. I think she is too. For today, that makes me proud of both of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!


No comments:
Post a Comment