Monday, December 5, 2011

About an hour after I got the call with the MRI results, the vet called with Mandy's lab results.  Apparently her white blood cell count is 85,000 and the normal feline range is 5-20,000.  They said with a level this high it is almost always indicative of a tumor somewhere in the body.  They recommended a couple of options, none of which I was very keen on, Mandy is 24 and although I love her dearly, she's a cat and it's probably just time to let her go, which was not one of their initial suggestions. 

Elyse's illness got worse, then I caught her bug, so nothing has been done as far as Mandy goes yet.  I'm trying to get the humans healthy and then focus on her.  The vet did say she didn't seem to be in any pain, so I don't feel as rushed as if she were suffering. 

Saturday evening was Matt's firms holiday party so my mom came to watch the girls.  Matt and I went to dinner at 717 South as a date before hand because the party was hour derv's only (although they ended up having enough food where that wouldn't have been necessary, but the date was nice too).  Matt was awarded "Busiest Bee" for the tax department and although I'm proud it's noticed that he works so hard and travels so much, I'm not sure that's an award to strive for.  However, I am very, very proud of him in his career and at home. 

Both girls slept 13 hours straight last night (we ended up waking them up at that) so of course, it was the night I was stricken with insomnia.  I've had sleep "issues" on and off for years but we had a peaceful house and as tired as I was, I was up reading at 1:30am.  I'm feeling it a little today, but overall not bad.  While Elyse was at school, I got the grocery shopping done, laundry started, floors swept and steam cleaned, and rugs vacuumed.  Not a bad start to the week.

I'll post a few random pictures below.



Tree decorating!  Elyse was insistent to sit on our shoulders and put every ornament up "really, really high".  She's so into everything this year, we are loving it.

Adley enjoying the glow of the lights from beneath the tree.


A random Saturday morning picture from a few weeks back.  Matt is good at capturing true moments, family moments, while I'm always looking for that picture perfect shot.  Hopefully our archives will have a good mix of the two.


Our sick little girl cuddled up on the couch.  We need to get her looking.........
 like this again!


My mini-chef in the making.  She really enjoys helping in the kitchen so I'm trying to involve her more and more.


Saturday morning tea party.
 Cheers!


Family


About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!