You turn your back for two seconds....
and your oldest dumps a flour/corn meal mix on the baby's head.
I wish I could express how thick it was, how wonderful an idea Elyse seemed to think it was, and how elated Adley was by it all. I couldn't help but chuckle and put them both in the tub, no discipline needed. Sometimes these things just happen and it helps us all lighten up a little.
Tonight Elyse and I were playing. Lately she's very into lip gloss. My mom got her her very own purse with 3 different colors and flavors and she adores them. I helped her put it on tonight, explaining it's purpose and that we don't use our fingers to dig it out. I showed her how to turn up the tube to make it higher so you don't have to dig for it and she thought that was the best thing since Snuggie.....she still dug it out though.
While I was putting the lip gloss on her small, perfect lips that don't need a hint of color and I don't have to worry about them puckering for anyone but us, my mind couldn't help but fast forward. I immediately saw myself putting lipstick on those same lips at her wedding and I saw myself, in that moment, flashing back to tonight.
Freeze. Pause. That's my little girl. I'll be so thankful if it's me doing it though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment