Sunday, July 29, 2012

A birthday to remember......

We did a combo birthday party for Elyse's 3rd and Adley's 1st.  They are 26 months apart so it was technically late for Elyse and early for Adley but logistically speaking it worked.  It's amazing that the first year with Adley is almost over.....the milestone year.  The year that lingers with runny noses and sleepless nights, rolling over and pulling up.  The year with all of the changes.  The minute you get a groove going the baby has morphed and progressed.  It's gone.  I blinked a little too long, a little too often.  Fortunately she won't actually be one for over another month so I have some more time to soak in her first year.

I borrowed almost all of the decorations.  A friend traded cake pops for a photo session and another close friend made their cake for them.  I was very sick in the days leading  up to the party.  I'm amazed it came together the way it did.  We had a little over 50 people at our house but the weather cooperated and despite a bloody lip and split forehead from fun on the trampoline, the party was a success.  We won't be doing one of this size for awhile though.

I was so busy that day, I wasn't able to capture nearly as many moments or pictures as I would have liked but I'll post the bulk of them below.

Happy birthday, girls!


 A pink tutu swim suit is a must for the birthday girl.  It also MUST be twirled in.






 And you little sister and co-birthday girl MUST have one as well.

 Watching them grow....memories and milestones.  This wall was a crowd favorite.  It was so amazing to look at how much they have both changed.  How much they've enriched our lives and each others.



 Cutest cake ever!



















 Her expression is so easy to read....."my, my, what do we have here?"






 Are you really just setting it down here like this for me?
 I mean really?
 Well okay!!!!!
 I'll just lift up the entire cake and eat it in one big bite!

 Hands off please.  You had yours already.



















 

1 comment:

Jessica K said...

Soo cute! Happy Birthday to your girls! They are precious :)

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!