Monday, July 2, 2012

My to-do list this nap session is long.  I need to paint the new drywall in Elyse's room where the leak was repaired, clean my floors since the workers doing the drywall weren't as tidy as I'd like, clean the kitchen, prep dinner, do my Insanity video (did I mention I switched to that from P90X?), plan details for the girls' birthday party coming up soon, tidy up around the house, and I'm sure there's some laundry somewhere that belongs in the washing machine.


The list is intimidating and exhausting to look at.  In lieu of starting the list and checking things off, I'll procrastinate a little longer by blogging about nothing.

It's hard to blog about nothing when all this mess is staring me in the face.

Oh yeah, we got a new truck.  I like it.  It's big, it's a gas hog, it will take some getting used to because it has more buttons and bells than I know what to do with.  I park far away in parking lots.  One might think I do that out of caution to protect the truck but I really do it out of insecurity to safely pull into a parking space with other cars around.  On the drive home from a friends house this afternoon I started hearing this chiming sound and I immediately felt panic.  Turns out the gas was getting low and it was letting me know I had 23 miles left before I was out of gas, but the chimes for each little thing make me nervous.  EVERYTHING is automatic and digital.  The steering wheel has as many buttons as the dash and I'm pretty sure one of them turns the entire thing into a jet.  It makes me feel fancy and I'm very thankful for it, but it's size and complexity are intimidating.

I appreciate simple.  My backside hasn't left the perfect impression in the leather yet so it doesn't quite feel like I belong in the drivers seat.  The radio is set on satellite and I'm sure I could find my way back to my favorite hometown FM station if I tried, but I'm trying to enjoy the vast choices I'm now offered.

I guess it's just change.  I had my last car since I graduated RN school and that was over 8 years ago.  With 175K miles on her, she was broken in nicely and was an extremely good mode of transportation for us.  She had an "old" car smell but it was familiar.  She had ample space, not much extra and not even enough to pack for family vacation, but for the day to day stuff, she was perfect.  Large enough to meet our needs but still wasn't a gas hog.  Nothing chimed at me but plenty of things didn't work.

This truck isn't what Matt or I would normally pick for many reasons, but in the end, for us, it all comes down to dollars and sense.  A family member was going to trade it in toward a new car, we chimed in, botta boom botta bing a deal was made and now she sits in our garage.

It's size and color make me want to name her something feminine and dainty like Daphne Denali.  Matt thinks the opposite and thinks it needs a big, strong, manly name like Brutus.

Her name is Daphne.

Enough blogging about nothing, I need to get my chores going.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!