Friday, August 31, 2012

It's been over a week since I've posted and I don't really have the time to say much right now.  It isn't that there aren't things to say, just more important things requiring my time preventing me.

Elyse was rewarded with being able to each lunch at preschool today with her friends.  The additional time costs money, and frankly, I can feed my kid lunch at home is how I often think of it.  Elyse views it differently.  She would eat lunch there, with her friends, any day of the week.

I was happy to reward her, thankful in fact, because yesterday she had to miss a friends birthday party as a consequence.  It was hard on both of us.  She's getting to the age now where natural and postponed consequences speak more to her than anything else.  The lessons resonate deeper within her as she processes cause and effect.  Joy and challenge sum her up these days but I'm thankful to be here and full-on in it for the triumph and sweetness accompanying the joy and the tears and frustrations alongside the challenges.  
Navigating life just like the bumper boat......

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!