Friday, August 7, 2009

I am really starting to notice changes daily in Elyse. She is much more responsive to sights and sounds, and really tries to focus on things. I decided to get her play mat out for the first time today and she really seemed to like it.
She has also gotten rather good at tummy time and can hold her head high and briefly push herself up. This picture during tummy time also shows her pitiful rash...I'm not sure what it's from and it just breaks my heart to see it consuming her precious face. The ointment I've been using (which is why her face looks greasy) doesn't seem to be helping much. At her last visit the doctor said it was from skin to skin contact, but it's gotten worse and I just don't think that's what it is. I'm starting to think it's heat rash...if that's the case, I need to stop the ointment. Either way, if it doesn't improve over the weekend I think I'll take her to be seen. It's hard to know what to do as a new mom and I constantly question my own choices and decisions. I don't want to over-react at every little thing, but it's my child and I don't want to under-react either....it's hard.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!