Friday, August 21, 2009

Today's pictures just might beat the ones I posted yesterday in the cuteness category....it's a toss up though. She is starting to like tummy time more, but only briefly, and she can hold her head relatively high and steady, but again only briefly.
Today Leanne and Lindsey came over with their babies and counting Elyse there were 4 in my family room! It amazes me how different, yet similar babies can be. They all have their quirks, but yet so many of the sames things please them, just in different ways. Ariella, who will be 2 in November tried out a lot of Elyse's "big girl" toys for her. In a matter of minutes the floor was covered in toys and it made me smile. I'm sure I'll regret saying this at some point, but I look forward to the day when Elyse's toys are scattered around while she walks and talks and gets into things. When I see the vibrant colors of children's toys at people's houses it just looks fun to me. It's like I get an immediate sense of family and I get all warm inside. Maybe it's because having a baby and being a mother is something I looked forward to from the time I could carry a doll and now I'm in it....my bald Cabbage Patch doll that I used to tote around has a head of thin light brown hair and grins when I talk to her.

I see bits and pieces of her little personality unfold more and more with each passing week....it's so hard to imagine what she will be like in another few months or years but I'm excited to peel back the layers and watch her slowly be revealed before my very eyes.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!