It seems that lately I either have nothing to do, or a day packed full of activities....I would like a better balance and I'm hoping to achieve that soon.
We had small group at our house on Friday and my week had been so low key I was ecstatic to have the adult interaction and I always love seeing everyone. I was about to explode with wanting to talk and visit that I think I sounded like a crazy person once everyone arrived and we got to catch up. Saturday we stayed home the whole day. Poor Matt has been working so much lately that as much as I wanted to get out, he really needed a little R & R at home, so I happily obliged. At one point in the evening, Elyse had awoken full of smiles from her afternoon nap. We went for a family walk around the neighborhood and gave her a bath once we got home. Matt grilled out while I made some sides in the kitchen and Elyse played on her floor mat, I paused to soak it all in. Her toys rattled and her little mouth cooed while the radio played softly in the background and the house begin to fill with the sounds and smells of family. There are times I feel cooped up or even restricted by these 4 walls, but in that moment I was overwhelmed with the feeling that I'm living the dream and blessed beyond measure.
It's a good thing Saturday was so low key because Sunday was go, go, go. We started out the day at church as usual followed by a wonderful lunch with 3 other couples from group. After that we went to Opa's house (Matt's dad) where I was able to relax by the pool for a bit while the boys played with Elyse....it was exactly what I needed. We left there and went to visit Oma (Matt's grandmother) for a little while. We stopped and ate barbecue at Pit Boss for dinner and I was exhausted when we finally made it home. Poor little Elyse must have been as well because she slept 11 hours straight last night. I don't think she gets very adequate rest when we're on the move like that and we need to try harder to respect her need to sleep by breaking up the busyness. She handles it pretty well and appears to still be a very adaptable baby, but I know that won't last forever.
Harborside MOPS (mother's of preschoolers) starts Wednesday and I am extremely excited about it. I've heard it's one of the best MOPS groups around and I'm looking forward to meeting other mom's. Then on Thursday I have lunch with the girls from small group and Saturday Matt and I have a date night. This weeks seems to be perfectly balanced, I'll have enough to keep me social and get out of the house, but not so busy that I end the week exhausted. Learning to balance my weeks is one of my new goals and I feel like I'm off to a good start...I'll reassess Friday ands see how well I did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(181)
-
▼
August
(16)
- It seems that lately I either have nothing to do, ...
- Ok....so I organized my coupons and I'm rather ple...
- 2 month visit
- Saturday Elyse and I went to Madeira Beach to spen...
- Today's pictures just might beat the ones I posted...
- Seriously.....I get to keep her?Oh....and in case ...
- Distracted
- Who made the water cold?
- Monday ramblings
- Baby talk
- I don't know what it is about a baby in a hat that...
- Her rash is looking MUCH better after a weekend o...
- I am really starting to notice changes daily in El...
- Wonderful day!
- Today Elyse and I went to visit our friend Leanne ...
- There isn't a whole lot for me to report on for th...
-
▼
August
(16)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment