Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wonderful day!

Yesterday Leanne let us borrow a baby wrap specifically made for swaddling since Elyse has been squirming out of her receiving blanket and waking herself up with her hands. We used it last night and Elyse went 8 hours between feedings!!!! I couldn't believe it when I heard her stirring and looked at the clock...I grinned from ear to ear and whispered to her how proud of her I was that she slept so good all night. She quickly, quietly, and sleepily ate and drifted right back to sleep for another 2 hours. We will definitely be purchasing one of these soon.

I felt so refreshed by the uninterrupted sleep that I was able to get in a stroller-free 2 mile jog before Matt left for work. It was so much nicer out first thing in the morning and I really enjoyed the solitude. The only sounds I heard were rustling of leaves, the scurry of lizards, and the patter of my sneakers on the pavement. There was just something so peaceful and rejuvenating about it.

This afternoon my mom and her husband Tim were kind enough to come over and watch Elyse while I went to a hair appointment. That gave me such a nice little break and an opportunity to have a little pampering. What is it about someone else washing your hair that just feels so wonderful? I even ran a couple of errands afterward and I completely forgot how fast and easy it is to get in and out of places without lugging a car seat, stroller, or diaper bag. It felt a little weird to leave her, but I knew my mom was the next best thing if not better, than me caring for her myself. I was baby-free for 4 hours and I'm glad that Elyse, mom, and Tim were able to have some time together. It meant a lot to have them drive an hour just to see her and help me out. Hopefully Elyse behaved so they'll be open to doing it again some time.
Let's cross our fingers we have another glorious night and wonderful day tomorrow!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!