Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My has time gotten away from me this last week. It's been almost a week since I've blogged and that's not like me but in reality there hasn't been much to say. I feel like I've been very busy but it has been with little things here and there that have just seemed to add up.


Last Thursday I was able to meet up with a group of girls for a night out. We went to this great tapas place called the Living Room in Dunedin and I really had a nice time. It was wonderful to get out and meet a few new people. I told myself I would talk about other things aside from the mommy/baby things that are constantly running through my mind. I was successful for awhile but mid-meal kids came up and my concerns and questions about Elyse and solid foods ended up pouring out and I'm glad they did. The girls didn't offer life altering advice or give the answer that would solve it all but they did encourage me and in hindsight that was all I really needed. I needed to hear I was doing a good job. I may not be doing it perfectly or the way other families would but I'm doing my best and it's working for us. I struggle with self-doubt sometimes especially when it comes to parenting and starting solids brought a whole new gamut of things to worry about for me. Elyse is small for her age but ever since we started solids she has been eating them like it's her job and gained double in one month that she did in the last 2 months combined. Am I over-feeding her solids? Is she still getting enough milk? Do I have enough milk? How much solids are normal for her age? I met with a lactation consultant, borrowed a friends baby scale to weigh her before and after nursing sessions, and split her solids up into smaller meals. Needless to say after all of my concern everything is perfectly fine and the encouragement I got Thursday really helped as well. I need to re-insert parental confidence into my prayers or this is going to be a long 18+ years! ;-)


Saturday Matt and I went with his dad and Kathy to a home show in St. Pete. We had coupons to get in free and I had never been to a show like that before so we decided to go. There were a few gadgets that the marketing of the vendors got me to desire but we left empty handed. I still have thoughts about that steam mop, it seemed so neat! My mop works perfectly well though so we just couldn't justify the purchase. You can tell you're getting older and have become a mom when a mop excites you like that. After the show we went to an early dinner near the Pier where we all ordered Mahi with black beans and rice....it was delicious!


Sunday I had to work all day at the hospital and as usual it was a long 12 hours but it went great. Each time I go I'm amazed at what a good time I have there. It was hard to leave that morning though because A.)I feel bad missing church and B.)I miss Matt a lot with his busy schedule right now, but it's a sacrifice we're making because neither of us are sure if I should fully resign or keep up the 2 shifts per month. Until we have a clear and confident answer we are content in staying put.


Monday was chores and the grocery store and today I've spent time making baby food and putting together Elyse's new dresser. The drawers of the one we originally bought kept collapsing on each other so the company finally agreed to send us a new one. I'm hoping it was just a bad batch and that this one will serve us better.

In the last month or so we've gotten a new camera and photo editing software so I'm posting a picture just for fun.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!