Need I say more?
Elyse is not feeling well. The wetness on her shirt are a combination of drool, tears and snot. I should have snapped the picture before I wiped her nose but oh well.
I've never taken care of a sick baby like this before. A rough night gave way to a rough day and I'm hoping, but doubtful, that the worst is over. I feel so bad for the poor girl. She is clingy and whimpering quite a bit but don't let the clingy part confuse you, she still doesn't cuddle. Maybe some day.
I've been lazy today. Shame on me lazy. I've used the excuse that I don't what to get too involved in a task because of how needy Elyse is so the laundry is still sitting in baskets. Other than that things around here aren't all that bad so I decided the clothes could wait. Hopefully I'll feel more productive and she will be better before long.
I guess that's really the only updating I have to do. Our weekend was uneventful with small group on Friday which I actually sort of led for the first time, Saturday I used Space Bags (which I'm a big fan of now) for my hospital scrubs and Elyse's clothes that no longer fit. My entire career of scrubs filled one large bag and Elyse's newborn to 3/6 month clothes filled two.....something about that definitely doesn't make sense. That night my friend Rachel came over with a friend and we spent the evening with them which was a special treat because I don't see her as often as I would like to anymore.
As usual Monday has found us again and I'm thankful we don't have any pressing plans this week so Elyse can lay low while she gets better. Normally I like to have a well balanced week of busyness but if she had to get sick, I'm thankful her cold came to visit with a low pressure, limited expectation week ahead. I'll let you know how it all goes.

No comments:
Post a Comment