Thursday, July 22, 2010

Making tissues dance

We are putting boogies into tissues this week, that's for sure. We have literally been battling the boogie monster in our house and it has been a tough fight. Either way, I know several other moms of little ones read this from time to time and I just have to mention that Nosefrida is the BEST product ever and it really works (I was not paid to say that, although that would be nice).

It works just like you see it here and no, you never come into direct contact with the snot, ever. I've been using this for months and I've never even seen even the thinnest of mucous make it to the tubing. Having worked with mechanical suction in the NICU for several years the bulb syringe just didn't cut it for me because I knew how much was still really in those tiny nasal passages. Nosefrida really helps you get it all out. I just love it and I imagine Elyse does too once she can breathe easier.

I'm going to make the smooth transition from snot to cooking right now....

I'm going to attempt to use fillo dough tonight to make wingless buffalo chicken rolls with a blue cheese dip. I've never used fillo dough before and to be quite honest it intimidates me. I chose tonight to make it because we have leftover pot roast and roasted chicken as a suitable back up should the recipe literally crumble. I already fear I've messed up because I bought the dough at the store, brought it home and wondered what it looked like so I opened it right up and tried to unroll it. The sheets started breaking and I thought, "That's probably not good", so I read the directions......Never unroll frozen fillo dough. Oh. Oops. Normally I back down far to easily from things but I'm going to try the recipe anyway. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Update:

It was YUMMY!

I took a picture but our computer is acting up so it won't let me post it. I'm just thankful I didn't ruin the whole thing. It turns out fillo dough is very forgiving, just add another layer. Matt definitely requested it be a repeat and we even came up with a few ways to make it a little better.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!