Friday, July 2, 2010


Another "it's official" update......my dad and Susan are now married! They said their vows and pledged their lives on Wednesday and I am so happy for them. It sounds cliche', but I simply could not be happier, I really couldn't. Susan has brought out things in my dad that after knowing him 29 years I never saw and I'm so thankful to see and experience them now. He tells me "I love you" now, a lot. I like that. It means so much to me to see him so happy. Welcome to the family Susan!
I'm sure it feels much different if you're a parent hoping and praying that the spouse your child chooses to share their life with is one that you have confidence in, but I feel like I've gotten a teeny tiny taste of that the past year and a half as both of my parents courted. The family dynamics have changed quite a bit for us around here as they each got remarried but I truly do love the people they have chosen to share these wonderful years of their life with.
Divorce is never easy and it's a hard word for me to even say, it just feels harsh on the tongue and the sting it leaves behind is never forgotten. I imagine it's a hard word to say because of our design.....out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks (Luke 6:45). I think it's possible that this could be reversed where words from the mouth also affect the heart which is why words like divorce feel harsh on the tongue and can stir emotions....that's just a thought though. Anyway, my point is, to celebrate a remarriage thoughts of the marriage prior to that come to mind, especially when it's your parents, for me at least. But I'm thankful. Sure the dynamics have changed but it's all been used for good (Romans 8:28) and I feel like our family is closer and more loving than it possibly has ever been. Our dinners of just my parents and us 3 girls around the table have turned into meals shared by 13. In just 8 years we've nearly tripled in size and I love that.
It's been raining here quite a bit. It's raining as I type which makes me feel like curling up on the couch under a blanket and reading a book or watching a cheesy movie but I have mess from lunch to clean up, a bathroom that needs scrubbing, laundry that needs folding, clothes to be put away, and an errand to run.....I'm intimidated and tired already. Better get to it.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!