I successfully created a meal made entirely of items purchased on sale with coupons that was fresh, delicious and healthy. It wasn't as hard as I thought but the chicken breast being on sale for $1.99/lb combined with the squash, sweet potatoes and even croissants being on sale with additional grocery total coupons made this meal just about as inexpensive and healthy as you can get. The chicken and sweet potatoes simmered together in chicken stock which was also purchased awhile back on sale with additional coupons.
The recipe for the chicken and potatoes came right off the chicken stock can and the recipe for the squash came right off of the Publix packaging. I had made neither of these before but will definitely make them again.
I'm going to try to do this more often. It's a win, win the way I see it. I'll save money and try different recipes. I have cans of rotel tomatoes, plenty of chicken breast, and some sour cream that were from sales and coupons as well.....any ideas for those?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(111)
-
▼
April
(10)
- Elyse hasn't ever had a haircut and I'm not sure w...
- Health on a budget
- Pond
- Recent pictures
- Elyse finds my bible on our ottoman in the family ...
- I started this weekend right for the first time in...
- House update
- As mentioned in a previous post, a friend and I ma...
- A peek into her world at 19 weeks
- Potty Training
-
▼
April
(10)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment