I never got an image like this with Elyse and the tech mentioned that she would look scrawny at just 19 weeks but we were still amazed. Delicate features and perfect little hands resting comfortably right in front of her. The scan went well and she got the healthiest rating possible and weighs a scale tipping 9 ounces.
The scan took awhile because baby girl wasn't wanting to show the right parts at the right times but with some maneuvering of mommy and a little coaxing they got all of the images they needed. I like that it took awhile because we got to see her for so long. I felt like an intruder peeking into her private little world and was in awe of the miracle happening beneath my skin. I don't feel her nearly as much as I could feel Elyse at this same gestation because my placenta is anterior this time so it's acting as a cushion against all of her movements. The placenta is about 1.5 pounds, almost 3 times the size of her, so that explains the cushion aspect. She will grow much bigger than the placenta before long though, so I know I'll be feeling those elbows and kicks fiercely soon enough.
She was also confirmed girl of course.
We're almost half-way to meeting her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(111)
-
▼
April
(10)
- Elyse hasn't ever had a haircut and I'm not sure w...
- Health on a budget
- Pond
- Recent pictures
- Elyse finds my bible on our ottoman in the family ...
- I started this weekend right for the first time in...
- House update
- As mentioned in a previous post, a friend and I ma...
- A peek into her world at 19 weeks
- Potty Training
-
▼
April
(10)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
1 comment:
It's amazing how much they grow in such a short period of time.
Post a Comment