The contract on our house fell through. We weren't surprised or even bothered by it and anyone I've told the news too has commented on how it seemed I felt that would happen all along. Perhaps I subconsciously knew or maybe I just tried to maintain a realistic perspective. I'm very impressed with both of us, but more specifically me since it's an area I often struggle in, at our ability to simply trust that this wasn't the correct deal for our family and to move forward from there. We both remained emotionally unattached to other homes we looked at or to the idea of selling and moving in general. We kept a reasonable plan on the back burner if the deal did close and collected boxes from friends, but never packed a single one. We did decide to go ahead and re-list the house and we'll just go from there once again. We're moving forward a little wiser than just few weeks ago and that is never a bad thing.
I am also thankful that I didn't decide to wait on potty training for Elyse until after the move. I was hesitant to do it so close to such a big event but went for it anyway and there didn't end up being any big event after all. We're about 2 weeks out from the first time she had ever sat on a potty or wore anything but a diaper and it's great. We've had a couple of accidents here and there but nothing much to speak of. The confidence I have in her (and her bladder) has grown tremendously. I never knew potty training would excite me so much!
Side note, I ate a light, healthy lunch but just finished off about 5 Girl Scout cookies while typing this. Ugh. They were sure tasty though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(111)
-
▼
April
(10)
- Elyse hasn't ever had a haircut and I'm not sure w...
- Health on a budget
- Pond
- Recent pictures
- Elyse finds my bible on our ottoman in the family ...
- I started this weekend right for the first time in...
- House update
- As mentioned in a previous post, a friend and I ma...
- A peek into her world at 19 weeks
- Potty Training
-
▼
April
(10)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment