Hopefully before long I'll be able to say we are home but right now it feels like an overwhelming, unsettled pile of boxes everywhere with drywall dust and painters tape surrounding us.
We made the big move last Thursday that (because of multiple complications) took a total of 7 hours with the moving company alone, let alone the additional hours Matt and I put in along with keeping Elyse out of harms way in the chaos. We sold our old house that day, moved into the new house that night, and technically purchased it the next day which was Friday.
Saturday the drywall workers came to tear down a planter shelf in the kitchen (I'll try to post before and after pics once our computer is up and running). They finished up Sunday and today the painters and cable company worked most of the day.
Every room but one is getting painted, including halls and closets so we won't be able to unpack much until the painting is done. The waiting to unpack part us hard for me, with the baby due in just a few weeks I long to feel settled before she comes home.
Speaking of the baby, 3 of the wives from our small group threw a wonderful baby shower for me Sunday afternoon. They did a milk and cookies theme and the details were adorable! They even had strawberry or chocolate straws that you sipped ice cold glasses of milk out of that flavored the milk accordingly. They were just as yummy as they were cute.
Seeing tiny baby clothes and newborn care items really helped me get in the new baby mindset. I thoroughly enjoyed breathing it the fresh, innocent smell of baby.
I've been staying up after Elyse goes to bed to get things done and today it has definitely caught up with me physically so I'm going to try to relax (even though there is no couch to sit on) and get good rest tonight.
Goodnight all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment