Today, at 1:30 p.m. they called to tell us what we had been waiting, hoping and praying to hear..........her scan was completely normal, her brain is perfect!
At 1:31 p.m I called Matt crying with the news, which nearly gave him a heart attack, I was just so happy! Even as I type this the tears are still forming. She's asleep in her crib but I can hardly wait for her to wake up so I can squeeze her!
Now what? Well, we aren't really sure. We are waiting to hear back from the Neuro-Ophthalmologist, but I imagine we will see him within the next month or so to follow-up and check Adley's progress.
I'm confident her diagnosis of "delayed visual pathways" is nothing more than that, a delay. She seems to be making up for lost time in my opinion and is absolutely just the sweetest and most content baby I've ever seen. I have a suspicion, that as we see this delightful little girl unfold, this will end up boiling down to personality and every baby being different, even from day one.
I'm enjoying these tears of joy today and I'm thankful, so very, very thankful. I'm thankful for how encouraged I've felt from so many people. I'm thankful for the out-pouring of "above the call of duty" love we've been shown. I'm thankful for our pediatrician's investment in Adley, ensuring we got the results as soon as possible. I'm thankful for the help we had with Elyse so we could attend these appointments together. I'm thankful for how God has used this experience to grow and strengthen me and our family.
I'm thankful that I feel like I can put this all behind me and move on.

1 comment:
Woohoo! I knew everything would be just fine! =)
Post a Comment