Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Pour center"

That's what we named the water area Elyse and I set up today.  I'm determined to be more fun and a little more care-free.......outside works great for that!

I filled different shapes and sizes of containers with water.  Some with handles, some without, some breakable, some plastic.  We took her little table and tea set out onto the patio and let her go to town.  Eventually her baby doll, bath tub and washcloths, all got added to the mix.  She had such a good time!  It didn't take long for the clothes to start coming off as well.  Good thing we were out back today, otherwise two days in a row of a naked toddler might make the neighbors question my sanity more than they already do. 

 I love her dainty right hand while she's pouring.
 The face she made when the lid got stuck on the "sugar".




We also went to the zoo today before naps.  I love Lowry Park Zoo, so does Elyse.  It was gorgeous weather and we went with a good friend and former co-worker and her son. 

 Matt claimes I spend 35 hours researching double strollers before purchasing this one.  He probably isn't exagerating.  Both girls are loving it so far and it's great to run with (when I make the time).
 These are two Okapi's.  An animal that looks like a cross between a horse, zebra and giraffe was recently rediscovered in 2006.  They are beautiful.  Elyse didn't understand why they weren't a zebra though.
 She did end up in her buddy's stroller though.  She loves to ride in other cars, strollers, go in other houses.....she has ZERO stranger danger which we are working on.  I'm trying to teach her that not everyone has Jesus in their heart so those people may not know what's best for her like her parents do.  Not sure if that's a good way to start the conversation or not but it's what we're going with for now.
 Adley being Adley, good and going with the flow.
 The Flying Bananas ride.  Love.

 Slides.  Love.


My day today:
Adley's early morning feeding that she falls asleep again right after but I stayed up with my bible only for Elyse to wander out a few moments later.
Prepare for our day
Zoo
Lunch/Naps
P90X legs and back, P90X abs
Dusted
Cleaned all 3 bathrooms
Pour center with Elyse
Shook all rugs
Vacummed and steam cleaned floors
Played Play-doh
Dinner
Baths

Intertwined in there is breastfeeding, diapers, cleaning up a potty mess when she didn't quite make it, 2 neighborhood girls came over, load of dishes, wiped boogers.....you get the idea.

I'm exhausted.  The first time I sat down all day was at dinner.  I'm taking it easy tomorrow!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!