Friday, January 13, 2012

This didn't go so well

I've posted a few pictures I've taken for friends and in the past few weeks I've had several people contact me, wanting to pay me for my services.  I've never been paid.  I didn't really think I wanted to be.  This week though, I accepted my first paying job for a member of our MOMS club.  On a scale of 1-10, the experience and pictures were a 4.  It was so difficult and challenging and stressful, but my oh my did I learn a ton!!!!

Doing this for her made me excited and scared.  I truly, truly lack confidence with this and it showed.  She made suggestions for where she thought the pictures would look good and right away I didn't think it would work but I didn't trust myself enough to make that judgement at this point.  Long story short it was just hard.  The lighting was bad, there wasn't a good background, it was cold out so outside was nearly impossible, the baby was too old for sleepy shots but too young for personality to show, the toddler was not having any of it and I had both of my girls with me.  It was chaos. 

When I left I refused the money.  I've sent her the pictures and she seems pleased.  I'll post a few of the okay ones below because Matt says I'm just being too hard on myself.  Maybe that's partly true, but I also know it could have been much better.  The things are learned are priceless though.  It cost me hours of time but I really did enjoy the challenge.














No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!