Sunday, September 21, 2008

It's Sunday!

Sunday is one of my favorite days. Life moves slower on Sundays and I like that. I think we try to lengthen the day as much as possible in hopes of preventing the onset of Monday. It hasn't worked yet. However, Sunday is usually a nice, laid back, low key day that starts with church and ends with some quality time together.

I love services at Harborside, then every other Sunday we go to Port Richey to eat lunch with Matt's grandmother, Oma. She is always a pleasure to be around. She is one of the most positive and inspirational people I have ever met and her amazing outlook on life is contagious. Matt doddle's over her too, and it warms my heart. Seeing the way he loves and looks after her stirs a unique love for him in me. He loves his girls.

We will generally head home in the late afternoon, watch some football and cook or grill some food. In the evening we wind down with a movie and ice cream on the couch. He loves football, I love movies, we both love ice cream. Everyone wins on Sundays. This Sunday I had to work though. Generally speaking, I greatly dislike working Sunday's and seldom work them for the above reasons. Today however, I am just thankful to be at work. Hopefully I can still squeeze in some ice cream tonight! :)

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen." Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!