Saturday, September 13, 2008

Today's quote . . .

Okay, so I didn't expect to be quoting my own husband when I decided to post "the quote of the day", but today, that's just how it ended up.

An exercise they had us do at the seminar today was writing a love letter to each other. It gave us specifics like things we appreciated, admired, reasons we were initially attracted, etc. etc.

I could not wait to read his love letter to me, I can't even describe the anticipation I felt to read the words of adoration and appreciation that my husband felt for me. When the time came, and I'll spare you the details, but it brought me to tears. He shared things I didn't know he thought, had noticed things in me that I had never seen in myself, it made me feel wonderful.

I handed him mine . . . he read it . . . and here's where my favorite quote came in, he said, "Ursula, I didn't need this letter. I feel like you let me know those things on a daily basis. You're so good at making me feel loved." Now, he thanked me for the letter, he liked what it said, and I imagine we will both keep our letters for decades to come. To know that of all the things I do wrong on a daily basis, in all the ways I've failed, in all the times I let him or others down, all the dinner's I've burned, or chores left undone, arguments or petty issues, I have made my husband feel loved, so much so that he didn't need my love letter. I feel pretty good about that right now.

We are going on a seminar suggested date tonight. I type this with curlers in my hair as my husband showers, and right now, I could not be happier to be Mrs. Borrack.

This is already a "Weekend to Remember".

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!