Another busy weekend came to close last night and as I turned off my reading lamp to roll on my side to go to sleep, I whispered a prayer of thanks for what we were able to do all weekend.
Friday evening found me at a baby shower thrown for me and another expectant mommy I work with (due the same day, also with a little girl). Cake, presents, cute baby things, and funny games filled the air with laughter and my heart with anticipation of what it will be like to use all these things being given to us.
Saturday morning found me organizing and pondering over these new baby treasures as I carefully selected places for her things to go and once again realizing that I don't have a clue what this is really going to be like. I also finished putting together her changing table while Matt re-sodded some grass. In the late afternoon we made our way to my dad's house to celebrate Erika's birthday. We all shared in steaks, cake, and outdoor games. It really was such a nice time and I was reminded that we don't make the efforts to do that often enough.
Easter Sunday we spent with Matt's family. We got over there in the early afternoon and I was able to lounge by their pool and watch the boats go in and out of the channel on the gulf. We have been so busy and it was just so relaxing to do nothing for little while. We had a wonderful dinner of ham and all the fixings. I ate much more than I needed to, but it was definitely worth it. We wound down our weekend in the usual fashion of our Sunday night movie. I find myself looking forward to that relaxing time with Matt each and every week, this week however we skipped the ice cream because we were still full from Easter dinner. As we tucked ourselves in, exhausted and grateful, our little girl decided it was time to rearrange her living quarters. If I didn't know better, I would have thought she was moving around furniture in there. I watched in amazement as big waves of movement rolled about my belly.
Matt was fast asleep, but I fought Mr. Sandman as I softly rested my palms on this wave pool of commotion and I prayed for her. I prayed for this precious little person who is an actual part of me. I breathe and eat for her, I carry her with me each minute of each day. I can tell when she's asleep and when she's awake. When I turned on the blender the other day, I felt her jump at the sudden noise. I can distinguish kicks from rolls, and her head from her bottom. When I reposition myself in bed, she does too....yet in a sense, I don't know her at all. Our eyes have yet to meet, and our skin yet to touch. She has listened to my voice for months, I sing to her and read to her, but I still long to hear her cry. Who will she look like, what will she be like, how am I ever going to raise her in the way that she should go? These are the times I often get overwhelmed with emotion as I struggle to grasp the reality of all this and I quickly realize what a wonderful gift it is to be able to cover her in prayer and hand her to God. I pray over every aspect of her character, her heart, and her mind, but also for us as her parents and our marriage from which good or bad, she will learn so much. Her heart is being shaped already and continue to seek wisdom and confidence as the day we meet her quickly approaches.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment