My new found love at nearly 31 weeks pregnant is the swimming pool. We don't have the luxury of one in our personal back yard, but there is a community one up the street and the gym I'm a member of has one as well.
I stepped in it for the first time last week and I was in utter amazement at the immediate sense of weightlessness I felt. Tendons, ligaments, joints, and muscles breathed a sigh of relief as my ever expanding abdomen seemed to just float as our precious daughter was subtly lifted out of my pelvis. I found myself in a twisted concoction of foam noodles keeping me afloat in the most serene, comfortable position my body has seen in months. I have made several trips since then, and each is just as rewarding. It gives me something to look forward to on my days off. I find myself in blissful anticipation of the perfect aqua waters with each passing stretch of my 13 hour shifts on my feet at work.
It's not the grandest of things, but I love when you can find simple ways to pamper yourself for just a moment in time. Those moments in the pool are all about me and my daughter, nothing to distract me, not even the discomforts of pregnancy. I focus my thoughts and prayers on her as every vessel coursing through my body relaxes and I simply just soak it all in. I wish there were a way I could bottle up the serenity of it and carry it around in my purse so I could just take a little sip of it when the day gets hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment