I don't like weeks like the one that just passed or the one that lies ahead. They are often filled with good and fun, but sometimes just necessary busy things, but the rushing and cramming just gets to me after awhile, especially with being so pregnant.
Monday found us back to everyday life after our little get-away. I went grocery shopping, errand running, laundry washing and folding, and tied up my evening at the Pregnancy Center before packing my newly unpacked suitcase for a couple of nights in Lakeland.
Tuesday I worked until it was time for my mom's wedding rehearsal and dinner and then spent the night with her at a hotel in Lakeland. We went out for ice cream, shopped for a little bit, and just relaxed watching TV and chit-chatting in the hotel room until the nervous bride and exhausted mommy-to-be were slumbering.
Our child-birth classes went well, I don't think either of us knew what to expect, but we learned a lot about this magnificent process the 3 of us will be going through in just a matter of weeks. We spent 3 evenings in a row, 3 hours each in a private class held in the comfort of our home with just the instructor and Matt and I. The openness and individual attention to our specific needs, concerns, and areas we wanted to know more in was wonderful and I'm so thankful we chose to do it this way. Feeling much more empowered with knowledge and information, I have a new found sense of excitement and anticipation for the day when things are thrown into motion and we work together in those last hours before meeting our precious daughter.
Saturday was more house-hold nesting and rearranging making room for this little one. I am continuing to add little touches to hopefully complete her nursery before long. Matt did his own nesting in the garage and things finally seem to be falling a little more into place, just in time for the baby to throw it all off kilter again ;).
Sunday we slept in a little and went to the late service at church before meeting with our doula and going to visit Oma. By the time the weekend wound down we didn't even have the energy for our Sunday movie and ice cream and headed to bed knowing Monday was just around the corner. We have found ourselves each week saying...."This week is going to be so busy" and we have come to the realization that this is life now.... it's simply busy and that won't be changing anytime soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment