Monday, April 27, 2009

Sunrise

I have had the privilege of witnessing so many amazing sunsets in my life, and particularly the last several years. Living on the East coast allows us that honor whenever we choose to partake of it. However, I don't recall ever seeing a sunrise and while on the West coast of Florida in Miami I was able to soak one in. I am seldom up that early, but with the frequent awakenings of pregnancy, I was able to capture just that and I wanted to share it with you. These images were taken an hour or so apart...it was beautiful to see that along with the sound of crashing waves and the smell of salty air. Outside of the raging ocean, the city itself was so still and quiet outside and an orchestra of nature performed as Miami slept. I felt like I was peeping in on a private show meant just for God, before the rest of the world awoke. The magnificence and power, yet serene beauty of His amazing creation roared through my senses. I was humbled and reminded of just how big and how powerful He is, yet somehow I often think I'm the one in control...how silly is that?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!