I'm just going to nonsense vent. Weeks, probably more like months ago, we borrowed an old pressure washer of my dads to clean our sidewalks, driveway, etc. About half-way through the job, the starter broke on Matt and we needed to replace it. We bought the part but weren't sure how to fix it, so the whole thing just kept getting put off day after day after day...until today.
With Matt at work, unknowing of my plans, first thing this morning I lugged the big pressure washer down to Lowe's to get some assistance with replacing the part. You could tell people thought I was a sight...this big pregnant girl carting around a huge pressure washer. After highly suggesting I just get a new washer and being told the one I had was old and had seen better days, they told me what I needed to do and I headed home excited about the obstacle (I am in no way handy but I was up for the challenge). I got home and after 2 hours of taking apart the pressure washer and putting it back together I had the part replaced and the washer in working condition. I pulled and I pulled, which also had to be an interesting sight with my protruding belly. A few neighbors on walks stopped to comment and wish me luck, one even tried to help me start it to no avail. I was beginning to think maybe I didn't put something back together right and with my back was screaming in pain I was ready to throw in the towel when it started!!!!! The loud rumbling and vibration of the gas powered machine gave me such a thrill knowing I had done it. I yelled out "I did it! I did it!" and I began my cleaning which lasted all of 2 minutes before it stopped. I literally felt myself deflate, I had been so proud and excited just to be left at square one again. After filling it with gas, checking other things, and many more tries to get it going again it just wasn't going to happen. The beast one. I felt so defeated, but had to remind myself I had still succeeded because I know I had at least gotten it to start once which means I did fix it, even if just for a moment.
The whole ordeal took up a huge chunk of my day and energy with no real reward, in fact it left me dirty, wet, and with a horribly aching back. That's frustrating. What's even more frustrating is that I NEEDED to get it done because strict water restrictions start this weekend and today was the last day I could do it. Oh well. If that's the worse thing that happens to me today, I'm doing pretty darn good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment