Monday, October 19, 2009

I must say......I LOVE THIS WEATHER! Today was just glorious, all weekend really, and we definitely enjoyed it. Friday evening we had our small group over for a grilling out and game night.....guys versus girls Guesstures, the guys had the highest score but we all won because we had fun (cheesy I know). Saturday night my mom came over and spent the night so Matt and I could go to my 10 year high school reunion. I never really felt old until then, but I must say, everyone looked exactly the same as I remembered and we had a really good time. That day I thought to myself....if I could interview me 10 years ago and ask myself where I thought I hoped to be in 10 years, I think my answer wouldn't be anything near where I actually am. I wasn't a big dreamer back then and didn't have super high expectations for myself. I remember one of my main goals was not wanting to live pay check to pay check.....that was me reaching for the stars. Ten years ago I felt like if I could achieve that, then I would consider myself successful. God definitely had different plans for my life and blessings much greater than I would have ever been able to wrap my mind around back then. The route I've taken to get here wasn't the easiest or the prettiest by any extreme. I had my share of mountains and valleys, I took some windy roads, and stumbled off the path a time or two but He made it all for good and I could not be more pleased with where I am 10 years later, and for that I am so very thankful.

Sunday was Matt's birthday and although I'm sure it was probably exactly what he wanted, I felt like I didn't do enough for him. We had been up late the night before so we went to the late service at church, out to lunch at his favorite mexican place, and he napped on and off on the couch while watching football games with the windows open and fall air surrounding him. Later on we went for a family walk then I cooked him dinner, did all of the Elyse duties, scooped him some ice cream, and called it a day. I didn't get him a present or even a card.....he had specifically asked me several times not to get either, so I didn't. He seemed more than content with the low key, relaxing day though, and that's what matters most.

The windows are open as I type and I'm hoping to eat dinner on the porch if Matt makes it home before dark....that would be really nice.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!