Happy anniversary to us! Do we have any special plans you ask.....? But of course! We are going to eat left-overs so I don't have to cook and relax together on the couch. I have to giggle at that because I really didn't think we would be eating left-overs on our anniversary for at least another 10 years. We actually celebrated early by going to Roy's a few weeks ago and with our weekend at the beach. I am definitely at the point in my life where I honestly don't need anything special to be reminded of what we have. I get to live it every day and there is no one I would rather live it with. Being Matt's wife is all the gift I'll ever need.One year ago this weekend.......
We found out Elyse was on her way! Although she wasn't Elyse yet, she was just a little pink line on a stick. It's amazing how much can happen in just one year.
On another note, Friday night my mom and Tim watched Elyse while Matt and I went to dinner with Matt's dad and Kathy. We had an absolutely delicious and slow paced dinner. Being able to eat my meals slowly and without interruption is such a gift these days and I'm thankful we were able to do it.
Saturday evening several friends from the hospital I used to work at came over to visit with us. It was so nice to see them and be able to catch up. It honestly made me miss working there a little because I loved working with them so much, although I love being with Elyse more ;) and I went to work for 8 hours on Sunday. The shift went well and the fact that I was able to leave 4 hours earlier than planned was a wonderful surprise.
Oooohhhh.....as I type my hubby just walked in the door with flowers. I didn't expect him home this early at all, yay! Gotta go!

No comments:
Post a Comment