This is Elyse's "unsure" face.
I want to tuck this away in my memory bank and save it.....
I was just using the little hand held vacuum to clean up some crumbs near Elyse. I don't think I've ever used that vacuum so close to her and you could tell she was unsure of the contraption making such loud noises. She glanced quickly at the vacuum and then stared intently at me. I could tell by her expression that since she didn't know what to make of it, she was relying on my response to make an assessment. I just smiled at her and spoke in a soothing voice as I continued to vacuum right next to her. She stared a little longer and as I continued to reassure her she slowly smiled as well. I love that. I love the innocent trust she places in me. Some things she knows she likes, some things she knows she doesn't, and she will tell you. It's all those things still left out there that are yet to be discovered and she relies on me to help filter those for her. I know it's somewhat short lived, but oh so sweet. I hope I make a good filter.

No comments:
Post a Comment