This weekend went by so fast, too fast really. Friday night we went out to dinner for the first time with Elyse. Due to her very early bedtime that she just seems to love, we aren't usually able to make it out to eat. We were able to on Friday because Matt got home much earlier than normal so we decided to go to Carraba's. We were leaving the restaurant by 7pm and Elyse was just starting to make it apparent that we had pushed her limits. However, I would definitely call the dinner a success and I'm glad we were able to do it.
I awoke early Saturday morning for a full 12 hours at work. The NICU is once again busy and although I had a full assignment the shift went very well. Matt met me at the hospital around 7:15pm and we drove to a Christmas party hosted by people I used to work with at LRMC. I was beyond a chatter box at the party. I hadn't seem some of them in over 6 months and it was wonderful to catch up. I feel so fortunate to have worked with such an amazing group of people and to still be in contact with them. It's almost sad that it often takes the holidays to get people together like that. We all decided that night that we need to make an effort to do things like that more often, which is very good in theory, but is understandably hard to do. Work schedules, family life, babies, distance.....they all just seem to throw a wrench in the fun stuff ;).
My mom spent the night with us Saturday night and watched Elyse while Matt and I, along with some of his coworkers, went to the Bucs game. We first ate lunch with Matt's dad and cousin before heading to the stadium. The game was a disgrace, but the weather was nice, we had club seats paid for by Matt's firm and the company was wonderful, so all in all it was a very enjoyable time. Once we got home and relieved my mom from baby duty, Matt grilled some steaks and asparagus and baked some potatoes. We enjoyed our dinner with one of Matt's close friends from high school and ended the evening very low key with good conversation.
Monday met my feet when they hit the floor this morning and greeted me with a bad headache. I'm been fighting it all day and although I haven't gotten a ton accomplished, I did not allow it to be victorious over me. I managed some dishes and laundry and took Elyse to the park before her last nap of the day. I have a lot I hope to get accomplished this week, but nothing that will tip the earth from it's axis if it doesn't get done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(181)
-
▼
December
(14)
- He went before us
- Merry Christmas
- 6 months old!
- Our Christmas card. I may have a hard time topping...
- Another busy weekend!
- This picture is definitely worth 1,000 words
- Whirlwind weekend
- Comforted
- Wow!
- Rut
- What a weekend! It was pretty low key actually, b...
- Compliment
- It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....
- The decisions continue
-
▼
December
(14)
About Me
- Ursula
- This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!
No comments:
Post a Comment