Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What a weekend!

Well, I finally did something completely spontaneously and totally for me. I went to a "usual" hair appointment on Friday where every 3 months I get a nice trim. This particular day I said cut it all off. I got a little scared so we went more conservative but a total of 10 inches was left on the floor. It was so spontaneous and I was so nervous that my hairdresser didn't take a before and after picture but I wish I'd had one because it was SO much hair! Once styled I immediately loved it! Matt and I went out to dinner that night and I felt like a new person. The next day I had some minor regrets when I couldn't just clip it all up and go about my morning but I'm learning to work with it. Here is an after picture from my cell phone in the salon.


Saturday we stopped by Matt's office and we were planning on eating lunch downtown before Elyse's nap. We stopped at 2 different places. One didn't have any more high chairs and the other only had valet parking. Somehow in the process Elyse fell asleep in the car so we decided to take a drive to eat a later lunch at the beach. We somehow randomly ended up in Sand Key and our detour landed us at the Columbia on the water there. I hadn't been there in years and it was SO good and had such a great view. We went across the way to Sand Key Park when we were done and used the remainder of someones parking meter to dip our toes in the sand and let Elyse play in the waves before heading home. We loved our little detour.


Sunday Matt worked pretty much the entire day. Elyse and I went solo to church and later to a cook-out in the neighborhood where Matt finally joined us that evening, poor thing. Monday we went to Honeymoon Island (I had never been there) for a couple of hours before heading home to get ready for a cook-out with our small group at our house. Pineapple chicken, squash casserole, blue cheese salad, watermelon, roasted red potatoes, apple pie......it was quite the delicious spread! Exhausted we put in our weekend movie only to discover we had already seen this one. I really wish Netflix somehow marked what movies you had already borrowed through them to avoid that in the future because it has happened several times to us. I should probably suggest that to them.
Elyse is taking a wonderfully long nap this morning before we run some errands. I absolutely love that it is Tuesday already and I am fortunate to have a short week because 2 of the other wives from small group and I are going to a ladies retreat at the Sheraton Sand Key Thursday through Saturday. We are VERY excited! On a side note, Elyse has been officially weaned for a little over 2 weeks now. We made it 14 months and it was bitter-sweet to have it end but I'm looking forward to not having to bring my pump to this retreat!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!