Monday, November 29, 2010

Deck the Halls

While Elyse was napping yesterday Matt got down the Christmas decoration boxes and we put up the tree and decorated the house while she was napping.  She woke up and was carried from her room to all of the magical goodness.  Well, if you were to see my house it is decorated rather modestly with mostly hand-me-down decorations or things purchased 75% off.  It doesn't blend well together in my opinion and I wish it looked better but it serves it's purpose and to Elyse, it was magic. 

She immediately ran to a dining chair cover of a snowman that Matt has had since he was little.  She eventually made her way to the tree and because of all the lights she thought is was "hot" and didn't want to touch it (probably a good thing really).  She warmed up to the scene of it all and went around the house point out "mowmen", even though some of them were actually santa clauses. 

Christmas feels extra special this year already.


 She went right toward this little fellow.

 Hmmmm.........
 Here she is pointing out the "mowman" chair cover.  Her smile is mixed perfectly with excitement and caution, I love that.

She went around collecting the "snow" from around my mini trees.  The strings of beads are something Matt had, also from when he was younger, and they are varying lengths.  She kept saying "neck" and trying to wear them as necklaces but didn't quite understand why they weren't connected.  It was cute.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
This blog is my hope to somehow capture moments that would have otherwise passed unnoticed, gone by simply dismissed as mundane life. I'm just a girl who adores her husband, I love the job I get paid for and am inspired by the ones I don't. I love that God has designed my life as a perfect fit for me and today I get to live it!