Elyse has been sleeping in lately, today she got well after 8am, so needless to say Matt and I have been enjoying the extra sleep as well. For whatever reason, I decided to nap while she napped today too. Now it is after 11pm and I'm not tired....hmmmm....I wonder why. Ugh.
We've had 2 FULL days as a family and our long weekend together is only HALF over. I'm loving that thought right now and most of you know how much it means and how grateful I am for it. I'm also thankful for a husband who goes along with my crazy ideas. Elyse LOVES snowmen. She will point them out in even the tiniest photo in a catalog of a snow globe that happens to contain a snowman. She has some pj's with snowmen and if she sees them she wants to wear them. Her love for snowmen brought about the idea of a beach snowman Christmas card picture for this year. Matt had his questions and concerns, but when it came down to it he helped pack the diaper bag and got us on the road to my mission without any hesitation. I think it's in those moments that I appreciate the differences in our personalities the most.
He was right. Trying to capture a toddler that never sits still in the sand with a "snowman" left much to be desired. Not to mention I had grandiose ideas of a 6 foot snowman posing as a member of our little family. Here is basically what I got..............
Matt calls him my "snowman terd". It was hard to build up the sand. There were a lot of people around and let's face it, I haven't built anything with sand in decades so I had no idea what i was doing. The sand kept cracking and falling so in a matter of moments I was perfectly content with this little guy.
Then he met Elyse. She ripped off his nose, threw away his hat, and she didn't like being outside of the house without shoes which she kept mentioning....."choos, choos".
So then we tried the hat on her thinking that might look cute or at least distract her. Not so much. Notice he still doesn't have a nose.
I left the scene rather discouraged and wondering what I was going to do for a Christmas card but we did at least manage to get an "okay" family picture. It won't be on our Christmas card but I do still like it.
Afterwards we walked around the beach and took a stroll down to the pier. The weather was perfect and we were able to see a beautiful sunset. We left from there and went to The Columbia for dinner. It really was a good evening.
I sure hope I get tired soon. It will be tomorrow before I know it.

No comments:
Post a Comment